The CV VC Top 50 Report 2022 was presented today in Davos. It is an annual analysis of venture capital investors that provides an overview of developments in the Crypto Valley. The report shows that the Crypto Valley continues to be home to the most developed blockchain hub.
Due to exemplary regulation and a decentralized mindset of the 1,135 companies located in the Crypto Valley, this area has continued to grow in 2022. The CV VC Top 50 Report 2022 is evidence that blockchain-related services are becoming a multi-billion dollar industry. A look at the 50 leading crypto companies based in Switzerland.
Another year of growth for the Crypto Valley
The Crypto Valley is leading in the development of decentralized, trust-based systems. Global challenges are being addressed through blockchain technology and initiatives to build infrastructure. Key figures from the Top 50 Report 2022 include:
- The valuation of the top 50 companies is $185 billion. This amount is divided into $175.6 billion for blockchain platforms by market capitalization and $9.7 billion for companies by stock valuation.
- Despite ongoing market volatility, commercial blockchain firms in the Crypto Valley have defied typical industry trends. The company valuation has grown impressively by 55%. On the other hand, the market capitalization of blockchain platforms has dropped by 71%.
- Geographically, Zug remains the heart of the Crypto Valley, where almost half of the companies are based (510), followed by Zurich (197), Liechtenstein (97), Geneva (70), and Ticino (50).
- There are 9 unicorns (valuation of over $1 billion) in the Crypto Valley, of which 7 are blockchain platforms and 2 are commercial companies. It is the first time that commercial blockchain companies, 21Shares and Gnosis Safe, have achieved unicorn status, indicating the maturity of the Crypto Valley.
- Among the top 50, there are 26 platforms and 24 commercial companies.
The Crypto Valley does not compromise on the core principles of blockchain technology: decentralization, openness, and transparency. The comprehensive regulatory environment in Switzerland and Liechtenstein is recognized as one of the main factors for the attractiveness and success of the Crypto Valley. As a pioneering example, the Swiss DLT law has set the foundation for other countries trying to adopt similar approaches. While some fear that regulation may stifle innovation, Swiss standards are a clear advantage not only for Crypto Valley participants but for positioning of blockchain companies.
Synonym for security and precision
The CV VC Top 50 Report deals with the innovations that characterize the mentality of the Crypto Valley, such as its pioneers focusing on the foundation of blockchain - decentralization. The Top 50 Report highlights opportunities for DeFi and DAOs. It includes in-depth articles by leading players that showcase the resilience and mindset of the Crypto Valley towards blockchain endeavors. Geographically, Zug remains the heart of the Crypto Valley, followed by Zurich, and other clusters in Liechtenstein, Geneva, Ticino, Vaud, and Neuchâtel.
"It is not just the unicorns of the Crypto Valley that highlight the central role of the blockchain ecosystem in global steps towards decentralization, Web3, and the impending fourth industrial revolution. The endurance of the Crypto Valley is based on the balance between the private sector and the public sector, as well as the ability to attract and retain global talent."